Age

You must be 21 years of age or older to view the stories on this blog.

Paddles and Writing Lines

Reed shivered as he hurried home. The sun was deceiving today as it shone 
so brightly, but the temperature was freezing. He wondered if William 
had chosen to stay inside in the warmth of the apartment. He walked a 
little faster as the apartment building came into view. He saw the glow in 
the window of his ground floor apartment and smiled, knowing that his brat 
was in there. What a comfort, he thought, someone waiting for you as you come home.

"Where is it? You think you could hide something like that? What about all 
that bullshit of communication?" William snarled at him as he walked in the door.

Aww, yes, the comfort of having someone waiting at home for you, Reed 
thought to himself. "William, can I at least shut the door before the snarling begins?"

"I'm serious! You were the one who said communication was the key! So tell 
me where is it?" William continued to snarl.

"William, go to the southeast corner that we have cleared out and calm 
down. You know how to talk in a civilized manner, I've heard you do it. So, 
go stand in the corner and calm down," Reed said and watched as 
William navigated toward the designated corner. At first, William was 
stiff, almost vibrating with tension. As time went on Reed saw 
William's shoulders loosen and hands fall out of the fists they were in.

"William do you think you can talk to me a little calmer now?" Reed asked.

"Yes," William replied.

"Come here and greet me properly. A kiss, a cup of coffee, maybe a foot rub," Reed teased.

"A kiss, I can do, but I am serious; we need to talk," William said.

"Let me get my coat off and a cup of coffee, then we can sit down and 
talk about whatever it is that has you so upset," Reed said, punctuating 
every third word or so with a kiss. He took off his coat and as he hung it 
in the closet he felt a sense of rightness seeing William's coat hanging 
there as well. We need to talk about making this a more permanent 
arrangement, he thought, but first I need to find out what he is talking about.

"Ok, William, I have my coffee, I want you to tell me what has you so upset," Reed said.

"Paddles. You have been hiding a paddle from me," William said.

"What? I haven't been hiding anything from you, let alone a paddle," Reed 
said, confused. "Why would you even think that?"

"I had lunch with Chase, and he said that Jason paddles him when he 
puts himself in danger. So, I thought you had one, and hadn't told me about it."

"William, do you truly think I would keep something like that from you? 
We've talked about every aspect of discipline; what it is to be a top and 
a brat. What areas you need guidance in and what type of discipline will 
be used. Did I ever mention a paddle?"

"Well, no, but.."

"No, no buts. I didn't mention a paddle because I don't have one," 
Reed interrupted. "I told you this was new to me to. I don't think we, we as 
in you and me, are ready for that kind of discipline. And I gather from 
your actions when I came in, you aren't ready for it either."

"Oh," William said. "I guess I just thought that you would have one since Jason has one."

"William, the one thing I have learned so far, and it keeps coming to 
the forefront, is that we have to trust each other. If I hid something like 
a paddle from you that would be a breach of the trust you have placed in 
me. For you to attack me about a nonexistent paddle with your snarling makes 
me think that you don't trust me." Reed said. He watched William think 
about his words. They were both silent for a few minutes each lost in his own thoughts.

"No, Reed, I do trust you. If I didn't I wouldn't have been here waiting 
to talk to you about it," William finally said.

"Talk? That didn't sound like talking to me," Reed said.

"Ok, to use your favorite word, snarl. I wouldn't have been here waiting 
to snarl at you. If I didn't really trust you, I would've been at my 
own apartment," William conceded.

"I still have to ask, I have to make sure. Do you trust me? Trust me not 
to punish you unfairly or use a type of discipline we have not discussed?" Reed asked.

"I do. I do trust you," William said, earnestly. "I just let Chase get to me. 
I like Chase, and I like having someone besides you to talk to about this, 
but I think he is more experienced with all of this discipline stuff."

"I think I'm in love with the smartest man on earth," Reed said, leaning 
over and kissing William on the lips. "I'm glad too that you and Chase 
are becoming friends. I know I sometimes need to talk to another top. I 
think you should be able to talk with a brat."

"Communicating with each other is really important, isn't it?" 
William asked. "I guess I really messed up."

"No, William you didn't. Your delivery may have been off, but you knew to 
talk to me about it, not just run off or to let it fester inside you," Reed said.

"Well, now that we've talked about it, what are we going to do tonight? Do 
you want to stay in since it's so cold?" William asked.

"Oh, we'll stay in, but I think you owe me a couple of lines. I think a 
hundred lines of `I will not snarl at my partner the minute he walks in 
the door' should help you to remember to talk to me," Reed said.

"Ok," William said, easily. "That won't take long. What'll we do the rest of the night?"

"We'll think of something," Reed said. He was a bit shocked at how well 
William had accepted the punishment. "Why don't you go ahead and set up 
your computer. Open a Word document and get started."

"Ok."

Reed watched as William navigated his apartment so well. Again Reed thought 
to himself, I really need to talk to him about moving in. We are ready for 
the next step. Reed continued to watch William as he set up his computer at 
the desk, open the document, and put on head phones to hear the screen 
reader as he typed.

"Are you going to sit there and watch me?" William asked.

"Does it make you feel better to have me here with you?" Reed questioned. 
Jason had told him that during and after a punishment a brat often felt 
the need to be close to his top. Jason said that tops often felt the need to 
be near their brat also.

"No, not really," William assured Reed.

"Ok, I'll go change. You get to typing," Reed got up, kissed William on 
the back of the neck, and went into the bedroom. Once he crossed the 
doorway, he did an about face. He wanted his cup of coffee. As he walked 
back into the living room, his eyes went to William's computer. A few lines 
had been typed then selected. He watched as William fingers flew over 
the keyboard and instantly three or four lines appeared. Baffled, Reed 
watched closer and soon saw Williams fingers press control and V at the 
same time, then arrow down and repeat the process. Reed gave a 
self depreciating laugh. Why would I ask a computer expert to write lines 
on the computer? He asked himself. Of course, William would know all 
the shortcuts. Well, you can only fool me once. With that last thought, 
Reed went back into his bedroom and pulled out an old Perkins Braille 
writer and some Braille paper he had left over from his course work at college.

"William," Reed said loudly to be heard over the screen reader. "I think, 
you should Braille the lines."

"What? No, I'm fine. I can get them done faster on the computer," William said.

"William, the purpose of writing lines is to learn not to do something that 
you have done. Copying and pasting them are not a good way to learn 
anything," Reed said and saw the blush creep up William's neck to 
his face. "Come on, I have set the Braille writer on the table with some 
paper. I think, a hundred lines will take a little longer than you first thought."

"Reed, it will take forever! I haven't used a Perkins since high school!" William exclaimed.

"Well, I have a feeling you will be getting a lot of practice. For a new 
brat, you sure are learning fast how to try and get out of a punishment," 
Reed laughed. "Think of this as something you can commiserate with Chase about."

1 comment: